Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Looking for seat belts that will work in this car as well as installation manual thanks in advance.

Last edited by Vancouver41; 06/29/23 11:43 PM.
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
To my knowledge seat belts werent an option in 41. With this in mind if you want seat belts (highly desirable) do a walk around a salvage yard and look at all types of relativlely late model without supplementry restrain system as it requires a computer to control it.
You will need to reinforce the mounting points though.
Tony

1938 1/2 ton Hope to drive it before I retire
ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
SeaT belts first came around in the mid 1950's. Very few drivers installed them.

Gene Schneider
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I added seat belts to my 41 Master Deluxe. Bought them at https://www.seatbeltsplus.com/. Ordered their 2 point lap seat belt and the installation hardware. I bolted the belts to the floor and came up between the upper and lower cushion in the seat. I am not using the original seats so the install may be different for you. Nice part with the new ones is they are clean, color I want and the proper length.

When adding the belts you will need the large diameter washer to keep the bolt from pulling through the floor if there is an accident. The $5 for the kit that they charge is a good price considering everything you need will be there.

On a side note if you do go to a junk yard to get your avoid any that are from cars that look like they have been in a bad accident or belts that have stretched stitching. Last thing you want is a belt that is damaged due to already doing its job ones.

I have found that having an old car is a constant project that is never done. I think that is a good thing. Keeps me learning new things. Having two from different eras is just a form of higher education.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.