VCCA Home
Posted By: 38chevy Arvin heater - 03/29/24 12:54 AM
Hey guys! My '38 Chevy Master Town Sedan has an Arvin heater which was in the car when I bought it over 50 years ago. I took the heater out, had it checked for leaks, refinished the case and put it back together. The bolts and hoses match the holes in the firewall perfectly, but it is VERY unlevel. I don't remember it being that unlevel before. What did I do wrong? I guess I could take advantage of the fact that I live in Florida and leave the heater out, but there are times when a little heat would feel good! Send me some pictures of your Arvin. Thanks!!

Attached picture thumbnail.jpg
Posted By: Rusty 37 Master Re: Arvin heater - 03/29/24 03:38 AM
My best guess is that something did not get aligned/indexed correctly when the housing was re-assembled around the heater core.
Posted By: Rusty 37 Master Re: Arvin heater - 03/29/24 02:54 PM
Test
Posted By: Junkyard Dog Re: Arvin heater - 03/29/24 03:35 PM
Yep, the old site is still working. Cool!
Posted By: Tiny Re: Arvin heater - 03/29/24 04:15 PM
It won't be for long. You all need to make the transition to the new site. Peter has worked most of the log-in hassles out. The user name on the new site will be your VCCA membership number. You'll be asked to reset your password but you can still use your old password as your "new" one.
Posted By: Junkyard Dog Re: Arvin heater - 03/29/24 06:13 PM
Tried my membership number for log in and it didn't work. Had to go with my email address as a user name. Also, the old password would not work either so I had to reset my password to a new password as requested on the new site. beer2 bonk
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum