VCCA Home
Posted By: Buckaroo01 Medium Brown Heater Switch - 11/29/23 10:32 PM
I’m looking to replace my 1948 Fleetmaster Woodie heater switch. All the ones I find on EBay are a very dark brown, almost black. My existing heater switch is a medium brown (photo). Were the switches a dark brown then faded over time? I might just be stuck with a dark brown replacement

Attached picture IMG_9693.jpeg
Posted By: ruscar Re: Medium Brown Heater Switch - 11/29/23 10:49 PM
It is my understanding that the dark brown is correct for '48. I'm sure someone will correct me if that is incorrect.
Posted By: minetto Re: Medium Brown Heater Switch - 11/30/23 12:00 AM
My 48 wagon has medium brown switches with brown paddles as shown in Buckaroo’s photo. I am sure they are original to the car and have not faded. That said, I too, needed a matching heater switch that I was never able to find. I ended up disassembling a switch of a different color and using the internals in the medium brown housing. Be aware some switches for sale are manufactured by Delco and others by arc-les and the parts will not interchange.

Attached picture IMG_4831.jpeg
Posted By: ruscar Re: Medium Brown Heater Switch - 11/30/23 02:27 AM
https://vccachat.org/ubbthreads.php...roster-fog-light-switches.html#Post46049

Just to be clear. The color you have is considered the "dark" for our Chevrolets in '46-'48. As to fading, my original switches darkened as you can see in the picture. Notice where I placed the switch in the on position it is the lighter color. The two mounted came with my NOS heater kit.

Attached picture switch.JPG
Posted By: 1942aerosedan Re: Medium Brown Heater Switch - 03/04/24 04:11 AM
Originally Posted by minetto
My 48 wagon has medium brown switches with brown paddles as shown in Buckaroo’s photo. I am sure they are original to the car and have not faded. That said, I too, needed a matching heater switch that I was never able to find. I ended up disassembling a switch of a different color and using the internals in the medium brown housing. Be aware some switches for sale are manufactured by Delco and others by arc-les and the parts will not interchange.
As far as I understand it the switch on the right is the correct delco remy style switch and the other all the others are arkles.
Posted By: p.k. Re: Medium Brown Heater Switch - 03/17/24 07:55 PM
These are the color I have .

Attached picture DEFROSTER SWITCH 001.JPG
Posted By: Buckaroo01 Re: Medium Brown Heater Switch - 03/22/24 01:57 PM
Can you repost a picture that is clearer?
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum