Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
62BillT Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
I have a Rear Quarter Glass Rear Channel on one side of one of my '61 Bubble Top parts cars. The other side has none and I can see that it never had one. My other parts car has none on either side. The one side that has it, looks like it was installed after it left the factory, possibly by the dealer. It has a rough cut hole where it bolts on the top side. The piece is an "S" shape and is about 12 inches long. I'm guessing that they had trouble with the operation of the glass on this brand new model car and installed this later on when necessary. Is anyone out there familiar with this piece or know anymore about it?

Bill

Wilwood Engineering1955-1957

Willwood Engineering

Wilwood Engineering designs and manufactures high-performance disc brake systems.
Wilwood Engineering, Inc. - 4700 Calle Bolero - Camarillo, CA 93012 - (805) 388-1188

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Yep! That's one of the little differences among some '61s. Different plants added that channel at different times. If you have a car with one on one side but not the other, it could be dealer added as a campaign item due to a customer complaint about that window operation.

Verne chevy

62BillT Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Thanks Verne.

Bill

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.