Thanks for your previous advice. I took up the carpeting put down in the last restoration, spent two hours scraping off the fiber cushion and rock-hard cement, and got the back seat floor down to the metal. It revealed 5 of the 6 snaps still in place, maybe 4 of them usable. New questions arise. Was the original carpet cut pile or loop? How far forward did the carpet go, all the way up and beside the seat adjustment bracket to meet the bottom of the rubber front floor mat? If not there will be some exposed metal or wood flooring. How far back did the carpet extend? Just to the edge of the riser for the front of the back seat, or up the riser meet the seat bottom? If the latter, what should the front of the riser be covered with? The metal plate beneath the carpeting is very irregular in surface, lots of depressions and a few high spots. Should I try to make up for that with a bit of thin padding, or just let it go? Sorry for all the questions but you have been a big help. I'll try to post some photos to show what I mean.

Best, Jack

Attached Images
Chevy rear floor 1.jpg Chevy rear floor 2.jpg Chevy rear floor 3.jpg Chevy rear floor 4.jpg Chevy rear floor 5.jpg