Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
JohnS Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hello, I just picked up a very solid ‘51.
I’ve had toy cars my whole life but not something like this.
I’ve got a decent amount of oil coming from the clutch cover (?) weep hole. I didn’t see anything like that during test drives and an inspection up on a rack. It was tilted pretty severely for the flatbed ride (going on and off) for the trip home. The leak seems less heavy after an initial, post-registration shake down cruise. Hopefully it is not the rear main seal.
Question: two immediate needs are radiator repair (I found a local old school shop for that) and exhaust. I’ve found a complete exhaust kit online. Any there any exhaust kits that stand out above others?

Thanks for any wisdom.

Last edited by JohnS; 08/02/23 04:48 PM.
Become a Member!

JOIN THE VCCA and get access to the member-only features of the forum, including the ability to upload photos. You'll also receive our monthly magazine "Generator & Distributor". Yearly membership as low as $25!

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
I recommend that you buy the exhaust from a business that actually makes them. Check out Classic exhaust, Waldron's, and Inline Tube.

The traditional supply houses buy from them.

Be ready for sticker shock for shipping costs especially if you specify a one piece tailpipe from the muffler to the rear of the car.

I had a local shop fabricate a tailpipe for my '37. It worked and fit reasonably well but by no means was it a reproduction part.

Rusty

VCCA #44680
JohnS Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.