Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hi guys,
When I bought my car, completely torn apart, it came with 5' long double beaded window run channel and fuzzies. I bent and glued the window run channel around the top of my doors and down the sides and the windows worked great, until I tried putting my garnish mouldings in. Im realizing that the window run channel is too wide to let my mouldings fit against the frame of the door...

I guess my question is: Did these cars only use fuzzies attached to the garnish?

Thank you.

Last edited by MrNiceGuy; 12/10/23 02:00 AM.
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
The U channel runs over the top of the window and down the back into the body of the door. The garnish molding has the sweep full length along one side of the bottom. There's a short piece toward the aft on the door. I have a picture somewhere showing the piece on the door but can't find it right now.

Edit: I found the pics. They are now added below.

Attached Images
IMG_1803.JPG IMG_1806.JPG IMG_1847.JPG IMG_1723.JPG IMG_1724.JPG
Last edited by Tiny; 12/10/23 10:43 AM.

VCCA Member 43216
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
1938 HB Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Well, after looking at your post, I knew I had it right and checked the steele rubber part #'s.. They were correct. I realized that when I glued the upper U Channel to the doors, I used the windows to keep them up. In so doing, the U Channel had dried a bit too far away from the leading edge. I popped the channel off and pushed the channel to the edge of the door and voila! They fit like they should,

Thank you!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.